Pineapple Jamu is one of the original JUISI flavors inspired by co-founder Joseph Savino’s love for Yoga. While boasting great benefits, the Indonesian version of Jamu, could be quite bitter to many palletes. Joseph worked towards creating a flavor that still had the many health benefits, but with a more approachable flavor profile, catering towards a wider range of palates.
The original Indonesian elixir is said to have originated in the Mataram Kingdom about 1,300 years ago. The many different variations of the recipe include some form of turmeric root, ginger root, & coconut.
Aside from the use of herbs and plants, The Jamu Way of Life also combines the likes of massage, acupressure, ancient folklore, meditation, & yoga.
At JUISI, it’s our mission to create awareness about the ancient Jamu traditions of Indonesia and its alternative approach to living a healthy life.
The most common herbs in Traditional Jamu and their uses:
- Turmeric = for detoxifying, curb snoring, and reduction of body odor.
- Galangal = for nausea & sore throats.
- Ginger = for detoxifying, morning sickness and improve circulation.
- Lemongrass = for alertness, and repel mosquitoes.
- Tamarind = to improve skin softness and for constipation.
- Coconut Water = for electrolytes, skin health, and hydration.